Links for bored people. You’re welcome.
A MIX FOR CHRISTMAS VOL I
01. andy williams . it’s the most wonderful time of the year
02. ella fitzgerald . sleigh ride
03. bing crosby . white christmas
04. dolly parton . go tell it on the mountain
05. otis redding . merry christmas baby
06. elvis presley . blue christmas
07. bing crosby & david bowie . peace on earth/little drummer boy
08. wham . last christmas
09. frank sinatra . santa claus is coming to town
10. brenda lee . rockin’ around the christmas tree
11. aretha franklin . winter wonderland
12. vince guaraldi trio . christmas time is here (vocal version)
13. perry como . it’s beginning to look a lot like christmas
14. thurl ravenscroft . you’re a mean one, mr. grinch
15. andy williams . silver bells
16. donny hathaway . this christmas
17. burl ives . holly jolly christmas
18. nat king cole . the christmas song
19. john lennon & yoko ono . happy xmas (war is over)
20. joni mitchell . river
21. frank sinatra . silent night
22. judy garland . have yourself a merry little christmas
THE SEAS BE OURS // for the souls the sea has reclaimed, for those who have found their home at sea. for the men and women whose homes reside in her deepest parts, and for those who find theirs at the top where the waves crash down over the sides as they plunder and siege to her rhythm. for stormy waters with waves that capsize ships full of gold, for calm seas whose gentle rhythm lulls the crew to sleep. for lost treasure and those who seek to reclaim it. for tales of the fearsome kraken, and the dead rising from davy jones’ locker. and for rum, for rum to keep ye healthy and happy and to ne’er run out, so drink up me hearties.
Hoist the Colors - Hans Zimmer
Don’t Fall Asleep at the Helm - Sleeping with Sirens
Blood Ritual - Klaus Badelt
Into the Ocean - Blue October
Underwater March - Klaus Badelt
Buried in Water - Dead Man’s Bones
What Shall We Die For - Hans Zimmer
Ocean Night Song - Laura Veirs
Mermaids - Hans Zimmer
The Sea and The Rhythm - Iron and Wine
One Day - Hans Zimmer
Oh, Death - Jen Titus
One Last Shot - Klaus Badelt
Moon and Moon - Bat for Lashes
Drink Up Me Hearties - Hans Zimmer
A Winter Reading Rec List
a collection of books for long nights, warm blankets and frost in the air
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens
- The Moonstone and The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- Grimm Tales: For Young and Old by Phillip Pullman
- Possession by A.S. Byatt
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- The Hound of the Baskervilles - Arthur Conan Doyle
Red Velvet Brownies
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
2 oz red food coloring
4 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour an 9 X 13 clear glass baking pan.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then stir in food coloring (if not using food coloring add 4 T of water or milk) and vanilla, mix until the color is fully incorporated. Mix flour, cocoa and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add in the flour mixture being very careful not to over mix.. Do not over mix. The batter will be very thick.
Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir up the batter with a rubber spatula once or twice just to ensure all of the flour has incorporated from the sides of the bowl and there isn’t anything stuck on the bottom of the bowl.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. 35 minutes for a thin crust on top and gooey underneath. Set aside to cool, cut into bars and serve.
The 911 call by Jake Evans, a seventeen-year old boy who murdered his mother and sister.
Unlike most people, you have a strong — at times destructive — independent streak. Routine tasks are frustrating and often impossible to complete, unless you’ve created them for yourself.
At the moment, you are under substantial stress and anxiety. This is caused by the unshakable feeling that you’re not fully in control of your own life.
An existing relationship in your life, either romantic or business-related, is currently unsatisfactory. You’re presently contemplating the possibility of escape. This can make you irritable or uncomfortable at times, even around the people you love.
However, when you are in control, you’re capable and even excited to make difficult decisions. This occasionally leaves you feeling isolated or alone. You are willing to make this trade-off, if it means being in charge of your own life.
The darker emotions inside you — those underlying urges that all humans have — are very strong. And yet, you have the ability to harness that energy to achieve your goals. This makes you unique among our testing population. You can focus your energy, both positive and negative.
too many legs under the table
↳a mix for wearing red lipstick and driving fast.
- Santogold - Creator
- Sleigh Bells - Riot Rhythm
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Phenomena
- Regina Spektor - Love Affair
- Azealia Banks - 212
- Does It Offend You, Yeah? - Let’s Make Out
- The Kills - U.R.A. Fever
- Emiliana Torrini - Gun
- Ani Difranco - Jukebox
- The Dead Weather - Hang You From The Heavens
- Rilo Kiley - The Moneymaker
- She Wants Revenge - Tear You Apart
- Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disko
- Britney Spears - (I Got That) Boom Boom
- Bitter:Sweet - Overdue
Lauren (WIGS Series) - Starring Troian Bellisario & Jennifer Beals
This could be my gay girl dream come true, but sadly, no, it isn’t about Jennifer Beals and Troian Bellasario acting as ladies in love :( The subject matter is much heavier - rape in the military. I’ve been generally disappointed by the series shown on the WIGS channel, so I hope this is much better than their other offerings. Still, the gay in me just can’t wait for Troian to take on a role where she is not a teenager. Her face is my weakness. Ugh. Trailer here.
I want to buy a book, a book that I’ve never heard of, never read. Look at the cover, read the back, flip through the pages. Bring it home. Grab a highlighter, and begin to read the book. Every time there is a sentence, a word, a phrase that I can relate to, I will highlight it. Then, once I am done the book, I will be able to flip through it and see exactly how I was feeling each day that I was reading. It would be like a diary, but written in someone else’s words.